When you consult or use our Internet site browser, information about the browser of your device (computer, tablet, Smartphone, etc.) is saved in files, known as cookies, which are installed on your device, subject to choices expressed by you with respect to cookies and which may be modified at any time.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file saved in a dedicated space on the hard drive of your device, whenever you use your browser to consult a service on line. This makes it possible to identify the device on which it is saved during the validity period or recording time of the Cookie.
What is the purpose of cookies transmitted on bmi-result.com
Only the person transmitting the cookie is able to read or modify the information contained in it. Cookies are included in the advertising spaces on our sites. These advertising spaces display on your device the advertising contents from advertisers. These spaces help to finance the contents and services which we provide to you.
The cookies we transmit via our site
When you use our site, we may, subject to your choices, install various cookies on your device, which makes it possible for us to recognise your device for the validity period of the cookie concerned. The cookies, which we transmit, are used for the purposes specified above, subject to your choices, which depend on the settings on your browser software when you visited our site. The cookies, which we transmit, allow us:
- to record statistics and frequency of visits and use volumes of the various elements comprising our site, which allows us to improve the interest end ease of use of our site;
- to adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences of your device (language, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) when you are visiting our site, depending on the materials and visualisation or reader software used by your device;
- to memorise the information relating to a form you have filled out on our site (registration for or access to your account) or relating to products, services or information, which you have selected on our site, (subscribed service, content of a shopping cart, etc.);
- to allow you to access the reserved and personal spaces on our site, such as your account, by means of identifiers or the data, which you may previously have submitted to us;
- to implement security measures, for example when you are requested to reconnect to contents or a service after a certain lapse of time;
- to offer you features and advertising configured to your browsing history and history of use of the device.
What is the purpose of cookies transmitted on bmi-result.com
By third party applications integrated on our site
We may include on our site computer applications emanating from third parties, which allow you to share the contents with other parties or to make those persons aware that you have consulted this site or of your opinion concerning our site. This applies in particular to the ‘Share’ and ‘Like’ buttons derived from social networks, such as Facebook Twitter, LinkedIn, Viadeo, etc. A social network, which provides an application button like this may identify you by means of that button, even if you did not use this button when you visited our site. In fact, this type of application button may make it possible for the social network concerned to trace your navigation on our site, simply because your account on the social network is activated on your device (open session) during your browsing on our site.
We have no control over the process employed by the social networks for collecting information on your navigation on our site and connected with the personal data, which they possess. We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social networks in order to inform yourself of the purposes for use, in particular advertising uses and browsing information, which they may gather by means of these application buttons. These privacy policies should allow you in particular to exercise your choice on these social networks, in particular in configuring your user accounts for each of these networks.
Via third party contents transmitted on our advertising spaces
The advertising contents (graphs, animations, videos etc.) transmitted on our advertising spaces may contain cookies transmitted by third parties: either the advertiser, who originated the advertising material concerned, or a third party company acting for the advertiser (communications consultancy agency, market survey company, provider of targeted advertising, etc), which has attached a cookie to the advertising content of one of the advertisers. Where appropriate, the cookies transmitted by third parties may allow them during the validity period of these cookies: to recognise your device, when you next visit any other site or service on which the advertisers also transmit cookies and, where appropriate, to adapt the sites and third party services or the advertising which they broadcast to the browsers on your device, which they are able to recognise.
By an external advertising space broker using our advertising spaces
The advertising spaces on our site may be used by one or more external advertising space brokers and, where appropriate, may contain cookies transmitted by one of them. Where appropriate, the cookies transmitted by these advertising space brokers allow them during the validity period of the cookies:
- to keep account of the total number of advertisements, which they have displayed, their respective number of displays, the number of users, who have clicked on each advertisement and, where appropriate, the subsequent actions of these users on the pages on which this advertising is led, in order to calculate the amounts due to the players in the advertising distribution chain (advertiser, communications agency, advertising space broker site/dissemination device) and to record statistics;
- to adjust the advertising spaces, which they operate, to the display preferences of your device (language, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) depending on the materials and visualisation or reader software used by your device;
- to adjust the advertising content displayed on your device via our advertising spaces depending on your device's navigation on our site;
- to adjust the advertising content displayed on your device via our advertising spaces depending on the previous or latest navigation by your device on the third party sites on which the broker concerned also transmits cookies, provided that these cookies have been saved on your device in accordance with the choices which you have made with regard to this broker;
By an external advertising targeting association
Our site may contain cookies transmitted by third parties (communications agency, market survey company, provider of targeted advertising, etc.) and may allow the latter during the period of validity for these cookies: to collect navigation information relating to the terminals using our site; to determine the advertising content, which may match the areas of interest deduced from previous navigation by the device concerned.
Choices offered to you by your browser software
Agreement on cookies
The storage of a cookie in a device is essentially subject to the will of the user of the Device, which the later may express and change at any time, free of charge by means of the choices offered to him by his browser software. If you have set your browser software to accept storage of cookies on your Device, the cookies integral to the pages and contents, which you have visited, will be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your Device. They will be visible only to the organisation, which transmitted them.
Refusal to accept cookies
If you have set your browser software to refuse storage of cookies on your Device, or if you delete those which are saved, you may no longer benefit from a certain number of features, which, however, are still required to allow you the full use of the site. This shall apply if you try to access our contents or services, which require you to identify yourself. This shall also apply when we, or our service providers, are unable to recognise for technical accounting purposes the type of browser used by your device, its language and display parameters or the country, from which your device is connected to the Internet.
Where appropriate, we disclaim all liability for the consequences arising from the impaired operation of our services resulting from the impossibility for us to save or consult the cookies required for their operation and which you have refused or deleted.
Configuration of cookies for your browser
Each browser has a different configuration for the management of cookies. This is described in the Help menu in your browser, which will show you how to modify your wishes as far as cookies are concerned.
- For Internet ExplorerTM http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For SafariTM http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
- For ChromeTM http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- For FirefoxTM http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- Para OperaTM ttp://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
- etc. ...
Your choices expressed on line on inter-professional platforms
You can connect to the Youronlinechoices site, offered by the digital advertising professionals in the European association, EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance), which is managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
You can also identify the companies, which subscribe to this platform and which offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting cookies used by these companies to adjust the advertisements which may be displayed on your device, to your navigation information. http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. This European platform is shared by hundreds of Internet advertising professionals and constitutes a centralised interface, which allows you to express your refusal or acceptance of cookies, which may be used to adapt the advertisements which may be displayed on your device to its browser on it. Please note that this procedure will not prevent advertisements from the Internet sites you visit being displayed on your device. It will block only the technologies, which make it possible to adjust advertising to your areas of interest.
Why display advertising suited to your navigation?
Our objective is to show you advertisements, which are as relevant as possible. For this purpose cookies technology makes it possible to determine in real time which advertisement to display on a given device, depending on its recent navigation on one or more sites or applications.
Your interest in the advertising content displayed on your device when you consult a site often determines the advertising resources on this site to allow it to manage its services, often provided to users free of charge. You doubtless prefer to see advertising which matches your interests, rather than advertising, in which you have no interest. Similarly, the advertisers, who wish to have their advertisements disseminated, are interested in having their offers displayed to those users, who are likely to be the most interested in them.
If you share the use of your computer with other persons
If your device is used by several persons and when one device has several types of browser software, we are unable to give you definite assurances that the services and advertisements intended for your device are well-matched to your personal use of this device and not to that of another user of the device. Where appropriate, sharing the use of your device with other persons and configuring your browser with regard to cookies is a matter for your free choice and your responsibility.