Calculating your calorie requirement
The calorie requirement allows someone’s calorie requirement to be assessed based on their daily physical activity
How many calories daily?
The calorie requirement calculation will depend on the individual’s basal metabolic rate and their daily physical activity. We therefore use these two factors to calculate their calorie requirement.
How can you find out your calorie requirement?
The formula for finding out your daily calorie requirement is given below:
- BMR x 1.2: Sedentary (almost no daily exercise)
- BMR x 1.375: Moderately active (physical exercise 1 to 3 times a week)
- BMR x 1.55: Active (you exercise regularly, 3 to 5 times a week)
- BMR x 1.725: Very active (intense physical exercises 6 times a week)
- BMR x 1.9: Extremely active (intense physical activity every day, top athlete)