Adult BMI calculator
The body mass index is used to define a person’s build
Interpreting an Adult’s BMI
Calculating your BMI online couldn’t be easier, or faster. All you need is your weight in kg and your height in cm. Our BMI calculator takes care of everything else! The BMI calculation is the same for men and women, but is only an indicator: it will only give you an idea of your build. You will need to contact your GP if you have any questions or require follow-up.
An adult’s ideal BMI is between 18.5 and 25, so someone with a BMI of 22 has a normal build.
- Less than 16: Undernourished
- Between 16 and 18.5: Thin
- Between 18.5 and 25: Normal build (normal BMI)
- Between 25 and 30: Overweight or pre-obese
- Between 30 and 35: Moderately obese
- Over 35: Severely to morbidly obese